Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Manage your meds with the help of Drugs.com

Although I have been compensated to write this post, that fact did not affect my opinion of this service.

When I found out I was pregnant, I started panicking. Had the medications I'd been taking affected the newly growing fetus? If so, how? (Oh, my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!) It took awhile to wade through all of the info on two of the allergy meds. And what about the Ambien? Plus I take a pill for hypothyroidism. And what about the medicine I'd taken a few days ago for a nasty migraine? (Insert a bunch of "Oh my God's" here too!)

I would have LOVED to have been able to go to ONE website to get straight answers on this big issue. (Especially since I was getting conflicting info on several sites.) That was before I found out about Drugs.com

Drugs.com is a site that can help you manage your family's and your medications. Registering is free and easy. And once you set up your account, you can begin listing your meds. (You don't have to know exactly how to spell the med -- type in the first few letters, and a list of meds pops out.) Chose your med, enter the dosage amount as well as a few other details. Then viola! A new page will pop up listing lots of important information about the drug as well as any known warnings and news articles for the product.

For example, I input my Armour thyroid medicine. And immediately found there are several other medications used for hypothyroidism as well. Course when I saw the user rating, I was happy to find my medication had the highest rating. (I had been wondering if I should switch to a different medication but I guess not!)

And if there are medications you are thinking about using but want to research first? You can do so here. Also, the service isn't just for prescription meds. You can obtain information on over-the-counter medications as well. (So if you're curious about that Benedryl...)

Often, when I'm at the pharmacist, I'm in a rush as is the pharmacist. Drugs.com is a great way to get the info I need, when I can take the time to do my research.
This post was written on behalf of MomCentral.com.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hі it's me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this web site is truly good and the viewers are truly sharing nice thoughts.

Here is my page ... dallas tx
Also visit my homepage car insurance

Anonymous said...

What's up to every single one, it'ѕ actually а ρleasant for mе to pаy a visit this website,
іt cοnѕists of precіοus Information.


my web-site ... tens machines
Also see my site: benefits of using tens units during pregnancy

Anonymous said...

Hi i аm kavіn, its mу first time to сommentіng anyρlaсe, when і reаd this article
і thοught i cοuld alѕo create cοmmеnt due tо thiѕ brіlliant pаragгaph.


Here іs my weblog :: ok

oakleyses said...

tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, nike outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, prada outlet, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, nike air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

air jordan pas cher, ray ban uk, nike roshe, true religion jeans, air force, abercrombie and fitch, north face, new balance pas cher, sac longchamp, longchamp pas cher, mulberry, oakley pas cher, nike free run uk, coach outlet, nike blazer, hermes, michael kors, nike air max, air max, hollister pas cher, true religion jeans, ralph lauren pas cher, vans pas cher, michael kors, coach outlet, true religion jeans, hollister, michael kors, north face, nike air max, nike roshe run, coach purses, burberry, lululemon, michael kors, lacoste pas cher, hogan, tn pas cher, sac guess, replica handbags, louboutin pas cher, vanessa bruno, timberland, kate spade handbags, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, nike free

oakleyses said...

nike roshe, new balance, beats by dre, p90x workout, instyler, valentino shoes, nfl jerseys, babyliss, ghd, hollister, s5 cases, lululemon, soccer shoes, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, mac cosmetics, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, herve leger, asics running shoes, nike huarache, celine handbags, louboutin, mont blanc, iphone 6s cases, north face outlet, birkin bag, iphone 5s cases, north face outlet, wedding dresses, mcm handbags, oakley, iphone 6 cases, ralph lauren, longchamp, timberland boots, nike trainers, baseball bats, soccer jerseys, iphone 6s plus cases, insanity workout, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone cases, bottega veneta, chi flat iron, reebok shoes, ipad cases, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes

oakleyses said...

moncler, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, moncler, hollister, montre pas cher, vans, ray ban, replica watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, supra shoes, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora jewelry, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler, bottes ugg, barbour, canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, doke gabbana outlet, converse, louis vuitton, lancel, louis vuitton, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, converse outlet, barbour jackets, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, links of london, moncler, gucci, canada goose outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, canada goose uk, ugg boots uk, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, wedding dresses, canada goose