Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mel B "Totally" Kicked My Butt!

You know the Spice Girls, right? So then you know Mel B.

Mel is always looking fab. But I have to admit, when I first heard she was doing a fitness video, called Totally Fit, I was skeptical. I wondered, "Is this another celebrity, repackaging some old moves with new music?" I've been using workout videos for YEARS. As in since high school. So I know a few moves. And I'm always on the look-out for a great fitness video that's got some new moves.

I'm happy to report that Mel does keep some of the more effective"classic" moves. But she also incorporates some new ones as well. And if I could say one thing to Mel B now? It would be, "Damn, girl! You know your stuff."

I've done the workout a few times now. (The sections are broken up so you can tailor the work out to your liking.) And I am sore for days after each time. Yet she makes it look easy. No wonder she has that rockin' bod. She is in fabulous shape! I breath in? I'm sore. I open a door? I'm sore. She really knows how to maximize moves and time while target some muscles I'd forgotten about. And once I get to a point where I can finish the video and not be so sore? She has advanced moves (and an advanced cardio section) to challenge me.

And like alot of the great fitness vid hosts, Mel B shows alot of energy and enthusiasm. And I love her accent. Especially when she says "to-ally fit!"

But the big question I always wonder as I review these tapes is, "But is this fun enough to stick with?" And "what kind of results will I see?" Check back with me in a month. I'll let you know. Until then, there's a great sale on Amazon for Totally Fit. Check it out.