Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Love and Loathe

Here's a quick and dirty list of some products I've come across recently

I'm loving several products:

* "The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work" by John M. Gottman, Phd. Instead of studying why so many marriages fail, he studies the ones that succeed. He's got some great insights.

*My Ipod. I downloaded a bunch of songs and at bedtime, I chose my "soothing" category and drift off to sleep that way. Just listen to the music and relax. Course its also fun to jam out while on a treadmill or while cleaning. How did I live life without with gadget?

*Dierberg's deli chicken salad. Oh my gosh! I eat it almost every day.

But then there is one service and a few products I'm loathing now too.

*Veolia Environmental Services. Do you HAVE to keep changing dates of the recycle, trash, lawn waste pick up? I can't keep track anymore. And your customer service is sucking hard! Yesterday I called four times only to be perpetually stuck in automated hell. Apparently, whenever a live person would get to my call, I would get disconnected. I don't know if that was done out of being ornery or if they truly are being inundated by calls. Either way, its obvious I'm not the only pissed off customer.

*Uniden phones. We just bought this phone. The sound quality is horrible. Also, sometimes while you're on a call the sound drops in and out. So you only hear parts of what people are saying. Lovely. What a POS!

*Cardio Pilates with Ana Caban. I've used exercise tapes and dvd's since I was in high school. I like the convenience of being at home. But I get bored after awhile. I've been wanting a different pilates video. And well, this one sucks ass. The pilates part was "meh". But the cardio part is the most boring ever. She does the same four moves, in the same succession over and over and over and over and over. It started to piss me off. Obviously Ana didn't spend much time thinking about choreography for this section. Nothing original here.

*Reebok Stay Ball. The hose of the cheap, poorly constructed pipe easily split before I could plug it into the ball. And the ball must have a leak. There was sand everywhere. What a waste of money. So back to Target I'll go.

There's a round-up of some of the products I've tried recently. Hope it help save you some time.

No comments: